The New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA) sponsors and funds the research, development, and commercialization of new energy and environmental technologies and products.
Innovations like alternative-fueled vehicles, green building projects, and solar/wind industries help create jobs in New York, preserve energy and protect the environment.
Internship positions are available in our Albany and New York City offices. The work schedule may be up to 18.75 hours (maximum) per week during the academic year and 37.5 hours per week during the summer months or school vacations.
Typical Responsibilities May Include:
· Project management coordination: track program status, interact with clients, and develop case studies illustrating program success.
· Correspond with customers, respond to day-to-day questions, and assist contractors with project and outreach activities.
· Develop, implement, and analyze surveys to track program impact.
· Manage various components of NYSERDA’s database.
· Research and assess various energy, environmental, economic, or policy issues.
· Market and product research on specific technologies.
· Prepare/package program presentations and marketing materials.
· Current fully matriculated undergraduate (junior/senior preferred) or graduate student, majoring in physical/natural science, engineering, environmental, public policy, planning, economics, education, or a related field.
· Experience with computer word processing, spreadsheet or databases.
· Excellent interpersonal/communication skills, technical writing, and organization skills.
· Ability to collect, analyze, and synthesize useful data from a variety of sources.
· Good GPA
NYSERDA offers support and funding to promote energy efficiency and development of clean energy solutions.